Permitted Payments, Qualifying and Referencing

The Tenant Fees Act 2019

A landlord or agent cannot require you (or anyone acting on your behalf or guaranteeing your rent) to make certain payments in connection with a tenancy in England. They cannot require you to enter a contract with a third party for the provision of a service, for insurance or to make a loan in connection with a tenancy. The only payments in connection with a tenancy that you can be asked to make are called Permitted Payments.

Easiliving’s permitted payments are set out below:

  • The rent
  • A refundable tenancy deposit of one months rent which will be protected by The DPS or MyDeposits.
  • A non-refundable holding deposit to reserve a property of one weeks rent.
  • Payments to change the tenancy when requested by tenant, £50 per tenant change or reasonable costs if higher.
  • Payments associated with early termination of the tenancy, when requested by the tenant.
  • Payments in respect of utilities, communication services, TV licence and council tax.
  • Default fee on late payment of rent.
  • Replacement of a lost key/security device giving access to the housing, where required under a tenancy agreement.


The Tenant Fees Act 2019



Check you qualify for this property before booking your viewing:

You must declare any bad credit, CCJ’S, IVA or bankruptcy orders.

Tenant/guarantor must earn 3 x annual rent.

If you withhold any information which could lead you to fail our credit checks, and subsequently pay a holding deposit on a property, Easiliving can under the Tenant Fees Act withhold your deposit and advertise the property.

To secure an Easiliving property you will need to pay a holding deposit equivalent to one weeks rent.

If you do not sign a tenancy agreement within 14 days of payment we can withhold your holding deposit and remarket the property.


At Easiliving we are conscious of how precious your time is. So, with that in mind we have moved the tenancy “paperwork” to an online platform called Goodlord.


Goodlord will perform a full background check on you and or your guarantor to ensure you meet our criteria.

This will involve:

  • A Credit Check.
  • An employer reference / accountant reference
  • A landlord reference.
  • Identification check.

You will be unable to rent one of our properties if you or your guarantor have any bad credit, CCJ’S, IVA or bankruptcy orders.  A tenant or guarantor must earn 3 x annual rent of the property.


Right to Rent

Under section 22 of the Immigration Act 2014 a landlord should not authorise an adult to occupy property as their only or main home under a residential tenancy agreement unless the adult is a British citizen, or a European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss national, or has a ‘right to rent’ in the UK.

Easiliving as your letting agent must:

  • check your original documents to make sure you have the right to rent a property in England
  • check the documents of any other adults living in the property
  • make copies of your documents and keep them until you leave the property
  • return your original documents to you once they’ve finished the check

If you can not provide the acceptable documents you will not be able to rent property in the UK.

Please read the list of acceptable documentation here

Right to Rent Documents

If you would like any further information on the above or support with your tenancy please contact our admin department on admin@easilivinguk.co.uk

Follow us on Instagram and join in with #Easilivinguk
© 2024 Easiliving powered by VTUK, FIXFLO, ONIT, LAYER 7      Refund policy  ·  Complaints policy  ·  Cookie policy  ·  Privacy policy  ·  Sitemap